Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Avocados and The New York Half Marathon

So I began the day checking my profile at the New York Road Runners and found out that I did not get in the NY Half Marathon for 2011. It is based on a lottery. I should have know better, I have never won anything in my life. Not a raffle, contest or free gift. I have just accepted this fact. I can live with it.

Don't worry I will still be running the ING New York Marathon next November! That is beyond my wildest dreams!

So today I am going with the Avocado and balsamic vinegar as my snack. Before you say, I thought avocados are high in calories, remember this. They are high in calories if you eat them with nachos at Taco Bell...but if you eat 1/2 an avocado, it is 150 calories and extremely beneficial, supplying you with over 20 different vitamins. Check out all you need to know about an avocado at http://www.avocadocentral.com/nutrition/avocado-nutrition-health-facts-label


See you soon!